Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thank You "Persian Paradox"!!!

Hello World!

I finally created my own weblog! I no longer have to write multi-page "comments" on the "Persian Paradox" site ( http://ebtekarm.blogspot.com/ ), just so that I can share my thoughts with Dr. Ebtekar, now I can share my thoughts with the entire world!

Now, a few words about my name and my URL name and my email name:

I have named myself Anna (short for Anahita); I'm using a pseudonym of Nastasya Filoppovna for my email address, b/c my favorite novel in the world is Dostoevsky's "The Idiot" and Nastasya Filippovna is the main female character in that book; and I've chosen "Mrs. Immanuel Kant" as the name of my URL address, b/c philosophically speaking, I consider myself a Kantian!

Giving myself this name "Mrs. Immanuel Kant", is also in keeping with a tradition of "Mrs." titles I've been given by my friends and family, throughout all my life!!! Maybe this is why now at age 38 I'm still single and never got to REALLY take that oh-so-honorable tiltle of "Mrs."!!!
:-)

As a 6 or 7 year old child, due to my love for eating tomatoes with salt (not as part of a salad, but as if it was a fruit), I was first given the title of "Mrs. Tomato" by my dear uncle! Then later, back when I was a teenager (in middle school) my friends and especially my brother used to call me "Mrs. Aristotle" due to my strong beliefs in the concept of "Absolute Truth", and a couple of years later (in high school), I evolved from being a philosophical thinker, to an experiential explorer, and so my friends changed my title and started calling me "Mme. Currie" due to my LOVE for physics and chemistry!

This is why now as a Free-Thinking "Citizen of The World", yet a staunch believer in the "Metaphysics of Morals", I think giving myself the title of "Mrs. Immanual Kant" would be appropriate, and at the same time funny!
:-)

I know I'm gonna waste a ton (or "tonne" as we spell it in the metric system) of time, constantly on this blogsite, writing stuff, instead of working on my own PhD research in the lab! But hey, this is much more fun!!! Somehow over the years, I've lost all that passion and love I used to have for tedious analytical research, and I'm much more interested in having political debates, developing socioeconomic ideas, and educating the younger minds with my vast WISDOM and brilliance!!!! :-)

I gotta go now, but you will be hearing from me a lot, that's a promise!
bye,
;-)

2 comments:

Black Chador said...

I just posted a new comment on Persian Paradox but I don't know if she is going to post it censor it. If she decides not to post my latest comment, I will discontinue my posting at Persian Paradox and will post them on your blog. I know Dr. Ebtekar is in a real bad situation and she walks a fine line but that is not my concern. I was hoping to make her stand up to these mullahs and say “Enough” but as usual I guess the Mullahs won this fight and she gave up.

Anna said...

Thanks! ... but you know Holly? she's in Barcelona right now, and sometimes it takes a while before she even has time to read our comments and moderate! I have written a few comments on her latest post as well, mostly encouraging her and his boss Khatami, b/c you know? they are Iran's best hope for change! CHANGE has to come from inside a society and not by force from outside.
if you read about the Freedom Movement of Iran and how they are putting all their hopes in Khatami, you'll know why i'm so supportive of them! if you can read Persian, here's the website of the Freedom Movement:

http://www.nehzateazadi.net/n.htm

thanks again!
;-)